Monday, August 22, 2011

You can be the Batman to my Robin, George Clooney


Let me start off by admitting two things. 1) I LOVE George Clooney. 2) I may have had more than one margarita while watching Batman and Robin.

Having never seen this installment in the Batman series, I sat down over the weekend with a bottle of Herradura anejo to screen the 1997 action flick. The film's opening was very similar to it's predecessor Bat-film, BATMAN FOREVER. You had some over-the-top graphics displaying the credits accompanied by the Elliot Goldenthal score. Then cut to the Batcave where this time, both Batman and Robin are suiting up. Right off the bat, a double butt-shot! Almost as yummy as my margarita (mmmmmm... Herradura)!

Robin: "I want a car. Chicks dig the car, right?"

Batman: "This is why Superman works alone."

Ugh, I'd love to be George Clooney's sidekick! I'll admit the movie left a lot to be desired, and the dialogue only got worse after the opening scene, but of all the actors who have ever played batman, I think Clooney is the best. He's who'll I'll always imagine as the caped crusader in my mind from here on out. Cheers to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment