Friday, August 26, 2011

A "Social" Night - me, my friends and my margarita


You're not on Facebook? Dumb. You haven't seen the Social Network? Dumber. You don't like margaritas? You're a freaking idiot!!

The Social Network is a near perfect film. Let me start off my saying that it deserves ALL of the praise that it is received last year. And Jesse Eisenberg nailed it as Mark Zuckerberg - he was super creepy and I totally didn't want to friend him. That's quite a bit of irony as the creator of the largest social networking site in the world is seen as socially incapable.

What is most striking about this film is its remarkable scripting. The entire movie has thrice more dialogue than most films I’ve seen. It’s witty and funny, funnier than most people might give it credit for. There are quite a few memorable lines in the movie (the most memorable being “You know what’s cooler than a million dollars? A BILLION DOLLARS.” The movie is actually a lot funnier than some of the more recent comedy flicks. The film has seemingly boundless energy, constantly jumping in between conversations.

The movie is fantastic, not only because of it’s impeccable script, but also because of it’s amazing insight of the most popular social tool in the world. And JT is great as Sean Parker! He should have been nominated.

No comments:

Post a Comment